If you’re nearing retirement age, there’s no better time than now to look into your health insurance options. The cost of healthcare in the US is rising, so having a plan that covers your needs is essential. Original Medicare is an excellent option for those over 65 and those under 65 with specific disabilities, but it doesn’t cover everything; that’s where Medicare Supplement plans come in. These plans help bridge the gap between what original Medicare pays and what your out-of-pocket expenses may be. If you want to learn more about your Medicare Supplement options in Milldale, CT, look no further than Nesso Senior Benefits.
At Nesso Senior Benefits, we’re a team of professional Medicare advisors dedicated to helping you safeguard your future. We’ve accumulated decades of experience, in-depth knowledge, and a wealth of resources to provide high-quality advice. Our experts will work tirelessly to find a Medicare Supplement plan that makes sense for you and your budget. Fill out our form to schedule a consultation; we’ll connect you with one of our specialists as soon as possible. With our guidance, you can make an informed decision about your Medicare Supplement coverage.
Understand Medicare Supplement Plans
Private companies approved by Medicare offer Supplement plans. These plans fill the gaps in Medicare, such as copays, coinsurance, and other out-of-pocket costs. It’s important to note that Medigap plans are standardized across the US; you’ll get the same level of coverage regardless of which insurer you choose. However, the premiums may differ between companies. If you have Original Medicare and buy a Medigap policy, what happens is that Medicare pays its share of the approved amount for covered services, and your Medigap policy pays the rest.
With Nesso Senior Benefits’ personalized service and knowledge of the Medicare system, you can trust that you’re in good hands. We have relationships with many top-rated insurers, so we know you’ll find a plan that fits your needs. Our advisors will take the time to understand your unique situation before offering advice. They’ll help you compare options, walk you through the enrollment process, and answer all your questions. At Nesso Senior Benefits, we want our customers to feel confident in their choice and know they have reliable coverage when needed.
Medigap Plans We Offer
- Plan A is the most basic Medigap policy available. It covers your Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs and your Part B coinsurance or copayment. Plus, it provides coverage for the first three pints of blood and your Part A hospice care coinsurance or copayment.
- Plan B covers everything Plan A does, plus your Part A deductible. It’s an ideal choice for those who want to fill their gaps in coverage and don’t mind paying a bit more.
- Plan C covers almost every Original Medicare copayment and coinsurance requirement. It covers the deductibles for Parts A and B, 80% of travel exchange, and skilled nursing facility coinsurance. However, it doesn’t cover your Part B excess charge. You should know that Plan C isn’t available to those who enroll in Medicare after 2020.
- Plan D covers all your Original Medicare out-of-pocket costs except for the Part B deductible and excess charges. In addition, it helps pay for up to 80% of foreign travel emergency care.
- Plan F is the most popular Medigap policy, as it helps pay for all your Original Medicare out-of-pocket costs. It covers the Part A and B deductibles, so you don’t have to worry about paying them when you go visit the doctor or hospital. Like Plan C, it isn’t available to those who joined Medicare after 2020.
- Plan G is known for providing great value for its cost. With only the Part B deductible missing from its coverage, it’s a very comprehensive plan.
- Plan K has some of the lowest premiums of all Medigap plans. It pays half of your Original Medicare out-of-pocket costs, including copays and coinsurance for hospital visits and doctor appointments, and the Part A deductible. It doesn’t pay for the Part B deductible or excess charges. Note that Plan K has an annual out-of-pocket limit of $6,620, which means you’ll never have to pay more than that in a year.
- Plan L is similar to Plan K, except that it pays 75% of your Original Medicare out-of-pocket costs. It also has a lower annual out-of-pocket limit of $3,310. This plan may be right for you if you don’t visit the doctor or hospital often.
- Plan M pays half of your Original Medicare Part A deductible and some copays and coinsurance for doctor visits. Again, it doesn’t cover the Part B deductible or excess charges.
- Plan N pays for most of the costs associated with Original Medicare, except for a few copays. It pays 100% of the Part B coinsurance, except for a $20 copayment for doctor visits and a $50 copayment for ER visits. Keep in mind that it also doesn’t cover the Part B deductible or excess charges.
- High-Deductible Plan G is a good choice for those who don’t mind paying more out-of-pocket before their Medigap policy kicks in. It has an annual deductible of $2,490, and it includes all the same benefits as regular Plan G. Plus, it allows you to choose from various doctors and hospitals in the network.
Simplify Your Health Insurance Experience With Nesso Senior Benefits
At Nesso Senior Benefits, we understand how complex and overwhelming health insurance can be; that’s why our advisors are here to help you make the best decision for your needs. We’ll provide expert advice and guide you through choosing and enrolling in a Medigap plan in Milldale, CT. When you select the Nesso Group for your Medicare Supplement insurance, you can count on us to guarantee the coverage you require at a price that suits your budget. Contact us today to get started.