When your business uses vehicles regularly, they’ll need to have commercial auto insurance coverage; this will be essential when your business uses big trucks or fleets. However, business vehicles used for both personal and business purposes may require you to have a commercial and personal auto insurance policy. When a vehicle is used for business purposes, the amount of possible damage can increase. When an increased risk exists, the amount of private insurance will be insufficient.
At Nesso Insurance, we understand the complicated ins and outs of business auto insurance. We’ll check with your current insurer to make sure that you have the proper coverage for your business vehicles. If not, we’ll find a policy that will protect both you and your company from any potential liability. Thanks to our broad range of carriers, we’re able to find the perfect policy for your business at the most competitive rate. Get in touch with us today to learn more about our insurance policies.
Understand Our Commercial Vehicle Insurance
The coverage provided by our commercial car insurance can involve many areas such as hired auto physical damage, trucking coverage, and lease or loan gap insurance. Our commercial vehicle policies don’t only apply to cars but can also cover vans, SUVs, and trucks. Without this basic and necessary coverage, you would be held responsible for any repair costs.
Besides the coverage above, all of our policies include liability protection. Liability protection is important as it can help prevent your business from being sued for any injuries or damages caused by one of your business vehicles. At Nesso Insurance, we aim to provide you with the most comprehensive policy for your business. This way, you can have the confidence that comes with knowing you and your company are fully protected.
The Cost Of Our Commercial Automobile Insurance
There’s no set price for commercial car insurance as the rates will change depending on various factors. The type of business you have, the size of your fleet, and the vehicles you use are all taken into account when calculating premiums. The good news is that at Nesso Insurance, we work with many different carriers; this allows us to find the most competitive rate for your business.
On the other hand, remember that paying a little more for a policy with better coverage is always worth it in the long run. If you don’t have adequate coverage and something does happen, you could be left with a hefty bill. At Nesso Insurance, we’ll help you find a balance between cost and coverage.
What Factors Determine Our Policy Recommendations
There are a few key factors that go into our policy recommendations. Below, we have a few listed for you.
- The Business Location: The area where your business is located will have a big impact on the policy we recommend. Different states have different traffic conditions, so it’s important that we consider this.
- The Business Size: The size of your business is another key factor. If you have a large fleet of vehicles, we’ll need to guarantee that they’re all covered.
- The Business Industry: The type of business you have will also play a role in our policy recommendations. We’ll need to understand your industry and the risks associated with it before we can make a recommendation.
- The Vehicle Type: We’ll need to know what type of vehicles you use for your business, whether it’s cars, vans, trucks, or another type of vehicle.
- Driving Records: We’ll also need to take a look at the driving records of the people who will be driving your business vehicles. This information will help us determine the best possible policy for your company.
- Your Deductible: Your deductible is the amount you’re willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of an accident. The higher your deductible, the lower your premium will be.
What Activities Require You To Have Our Commercial Car Insurance?
In general, any time you use a business vehicle for work-related activities, you’ll need to have our commercial car insurance. If you’re ever in doubt, it’s always better to err on the side of caution and make sure you’re properly insured. However, here are some examples of the activities that may require our commercial auto insurance:
- Driving regularly while on the clock and driving to different work locations and stores.
- Making deliveries or using your vehicle to transport products or materials.
- Using your vehicle to travel between job sites.
- Taking clients or customers out in your business vehicle.
What If You Have Hired Vehicles?
If a vehicle is borrowed or hired, the type of insurance you’ll need is known as non-owned car insurance. Luckily for you, you can easily add this to your current policy. At Nesso Insurance, we understand that not every business has its own fleet of vehicles. That’s why we offer hired auto physical damage coverage to guarantee you’re always protected. This type of coverage will protect you in the event that a vehicle you’ve hired, borrowed, or rented is involved in an accident.
What Is Covered By Commercial Auto Insurance
Items normally covered by our commercial insurance involve comprehensive damage, collision, liability, and property damage.
- Comprehensive damage: This type of coverage will protect you from damages not caused by collision. For example, if your vehicle is damaged by fire, theft, or vandalism, comprehensive coverage will kick in.
- Collision: When you get collision coverage, you’re protected in the event of an accident. Whether it’s a fender bender or a head-on collision, collision coverage will help pay for the damages.
- Liability: This type of coverage will protect you if one of your employees is in an accident and it’s determined that the accident was your fault.
- Property damage: If you cause damage to someone else’s property with your business vehicle, property damage coverage will help pay for the repairs.
Recommended Amount Of Auto Liability
The amount of commercial auto liability you choose is up to you. A lot of times the liability may be a minimum of $100,000 for each commercial vehicle and a $1 million maximum. If you’re not sure how much coverage you need, our team of experts can help you determine the right amount for your business.
If you’re in need of a higher coverage amount, then you may need our umbrella policy. This policy will cover any remaining coverage after your normal commercial coverage ends. It’s a great way to obtain additional coverage for property and bodily injury damages. An example of this is when you’re sued and ordered to pay $1.5 million in the judgment. Your commercial insurance will cover the $1 million maximum and your umbrella coverage will cover the $500,000 that remains.
The Process Of Working With Us
When you work with Nesso Insurance, we’ll start by asking you questions about your business and get an idea of what type of coverage you need. Once we have a good understanding of your situation, we’ll start shopping around for the best possible policy. We have relationships with many different insurance carriers, so we’re confident that we’ll be able to find a policy that fits both your needs and your budget.
After you’ve chosen a policy, we’ll help you with the paperwork and make sure that everything is in order. We’ll also be there to answer any questions you have along the way. We want you to be fully protected, so we’ll do everything in our hands to guarantee that happens. Ultimately, our goal is to make your insurance experience more enjoyable.
Does Our Commercial Policy Cover Personal Use?
When a commercial vehicle is used for personal use, it will usually be covered by the insurance. However, if an accident takes place and non-employees are in the vehicle and injuries are sustained, then the insurance won’t cover them. You can get in touch with a Nesso Insurance specialist for details.
Assistance From Nesso Insurance
When you don’t have the correct commercial insurance, your business and staff are at greater risk. Not only that, but as the owner of the business, responsibility for the entire cost of an accident may fall on your shoulders. At the Nesso Group, your assets can be protected regardless of them being personal or business through our exclusive solution by supplying comprehensive insurance coverage that involves both liability and property protection.
The commercial auto insurance services offered through the Nesso Group include:
- Physical Damage For Hired Auto: As we mentioned, this policy covers autos that are hired by your business.
- Gap Insurance: This insurance protects you when a difference exists between a vehicle’s worth and the amount remaining to be paid to the lienholder.
- Trucking Coverage: When your business has full trucking coverage, we’ll ensure that your vehicles are fully covered in the time of need.
Purchasing Commercial Auto Insurance In Connecticut
You have many options to obtain commercial car insurance in Connecticut. At the Nesso Group, our agents are always standing by. They’ll obtain the necessary information concerning the vehicles and drivers that your business uses. This information will be used to put together the ideal commercial policy for your vehicles. Having a single agent on your side will ensure that the maximum protection is obtained for your business and with it all at a price that fits your budget.
Your commercial insurance needs must be able to offer the necessary coverage to keep your business vehicles safe. If you’re in need of great commercial insurance for your business vehicles, then don’t hesitate to contact Nesso Insurance today.