As you get closer to retirement, you’ll want to consider your healthcare needs and how you’ll pay for them. Otherwise, you could end up facing some very large medical bills. One option available to those 65 years of age or older or with a qualifying disability is Medicare. Medicare is a federal health insurance program that covers hospitalization, doctor visits, and other medical expenses. However, Medicare doesn’t cover everything, so you may need a Medicare Supplements plan.
Luckily, Nesso Senior Benefits offers comprehensive Medicare Supplement plans in Connecticut that can help you cover the costs that Medicare doesn’t. With Nesso Senior Benefits, you’ll have access to a team of experienced and knowledgeable advisors who can help you choose the plan that suits you best. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you plan for your future.
Understand Our Medicare Supplement Plans And Who Needs Them
Medicare Supplements plans, or Medigap, are offered by private insurance companies and aim to cover the gaps in Original Medicare. These gaps can include costs such as deductibles, coinsurance, and copayments. When you enroll in a Medigap plan, you’ll pay a monthly premium that can vary depending on the insurer, location, and more.
Our Medigap plans are great options for people who want to protect themselves from out-of-pocket costs. If you have extensive medical needs or high medical bills, you may find that one of our Medigap plans can help you save money. Plus, you’ll be able to see any doctor that accepts Medicare patients without worrying about whether they’re in your plan’s network.
Nesso Is Here To Help You Make The Right Medicare Choice
There are 10 standardized Medigap plans, identified by letters A through N. However, Plans C and F are no longer available to people new to Medicare on or after January 1, 2020. Nesso Senior Benefits can help you understand the different plans by providing precise and concise explanations. We’ll tell you what each plan covers and answer any questions you may have. Then, we’ll help you choose the best Medigap Plan for your unique needs and budget.
Here´s a brief description of Medicare’s plans:
- Plan A: Plan A is the most basic plan, and it covers Part A coinsurance and hospital costs, Part B coinsurance, the first three pints of blood each year, and Part A hospice care coinsurance.
- Plan B: Includes all the benefits of Plan A plus the Part A deductible.
- Plan C: Includes all the benefits of Plan B plus the Part B deductible, skilled nursing facility care coinsurance, and 80% of foreign travel emergency care costs
- Plan D: Includes all the benefits of Plan C minus the Part B deductible.
- Plan F: Includes all the benefits of Plan C plus the Part B excess charges.
- Plan G: Includes all the benefits of Plan F minus the Part B deductible.
- High Deductible Plan G: This plan is the same as Plan G but with a higher deductible. You’ll have to pay $2,490 in Medicare-covered costs before your policy starts paying.
- Plan K: Includes Part A coinsurance and hospital costs and 50% of Part B coinsurance, the first three pints of blood each year, Part A hospice care coinsurance, nursing facility care coinsurance, and the Part A deductible. In addition, Plan K will pay for 100% of covered services for the rest of the year once you’ve reached the out-of-pocket yearly limit of $6,620.
- Plan L: Aside from Part A coinsurance and hospital costs, Plan L includes the same benefits as Plan K, up to 75%. It also has a lower out-of-pocket yearly limit of $3,310.
- Plan M: Includes all the benefits of Plan D but only covers the Part A deductible up to 50%.
- Plan N: Includes all Plan D benefits. While it covers Part B coinsurance, there’s a copayment of $20 for office visits and $50 for ER visits that don’t result in inpatient admission.
We Can Help You Enroll In A Medigap Plan
You’re eligible for a Medicare Supplements plan if you’re a Medicare Part A and B beneficiary. You can enroll during your Medigap Open Enrollment Period (OEP), which begins when you turn 65. You can’t be denied coverage or charged more during these six months due to pre-existing conditions. You may still be able to enroll outside of your OEP, but you may be subject to medical underwriting.
A Nesso Senior Benefits advisor can guide you through enrolling in a Medicare Supplements plan. First, we’ll research the plans available in your area and help you compare the different coverage options. Then, we’ll assist you with enrolling by completing all the necessary paperwork. We’ll also keep track of the various deadlines so that you don’t have to worry about them.
You Can Count On Nesso Senior Benefits For All Of Your Medicare Needs
At Nesso Senior Benefits, we have years of experience helping people in Connecticut choose the right Medicare Supplements plan. We’ll walk you through each process step, from comparing plans to enrolling in the one that’s best for you. As part of the Nesso Group, we want our clients to attain confidence in their decisions; that’s why we offer an educational approach to our advisory services.